Donut Holes with Babycakes Cake Pop Maker!

I have been eyeing the Babycakes Cake Pop Maker for quite some time.  But to be honest, I wasn’t so sure about it.  I know cake pops are so popular…but I personally have never made them because, well, they seemed like a lot of work, and I like to keep things SIMPLE!

So when I saw the Cake Pop Maker, I was intrigued.  I wondered if it really was easy to make cake pops with this.  I also was so curious about how it worked, if it worked, and what they tasted like!  My first thought when I saw the product was “You could make donut holes with this!!”  Yum!

When Select Brands offered to send me a Cake Pop Maker to try out, I jumped at the opportunity!  Literally, I was jumping and dancing…I am so glad no one could see me!

So I thought my first project I should make with this should be donut holes!  And I have to admit, I was astounded!

I took Father’s Day as an opportunity to give these a whirl!  My husband loves donut holes so I wanted to surprise him with some yummy donut holes for Father’s Day breakfast!

I was slightly worried since I had never used this product before and since I had never made donuts before!  Thankfully my husband is used to me experimenting!  But I was sure hoping that this product was as easy to use as it seemed to be!

So I unpacked my Cake Pop Maker and found a great package inside!  In the box came the cute purple cake pop maker, an easy to understand instruction booklet, pop sticks, a cake pop cooling stand and a non-scratch fork to help get the cake pops out of the maker!

I followed this donut recipe on the Babycake website.  But at this point I still wondered if they would look pretty and round like the photos.  I worried about my ability to create an end-result that looked and tasted good!

I was AMAZED!  Look at how beautiful these look!!  Seriously!  I can’t believe how perfectly round they turned out!  These are just incredible looking!!

The recipe was simple to follow and the cake pop maker was a breeze to use!  And it took mere minutes to bake 12 donut holes!!

I love love love my Cake Pop Maker!!

The first batch I took immediately out of the cake pop maker and coated them in powdered sugar!  Yum!

I also decided to make a batch of chocolate donut holes.  Mmmm…yum!

I coated the rest of my donuts in a simple glaze I made with powdered sugar, milk and vanilla!  These tasted incredible!
I was so amazed at how SIMPLE these were to make!  In minutes I had enough donut holes to feed a small army and they were delish!  The recipe was simple to follow and the result was an amazing donut that tasted great!  They were lighter then a “cake” baked-type of donut but not quite like a fried donut…almost like a mix of the two.  They were yummy!

But most important, the Cake Pop Maker was so simple to use!!  It functions in a similar manner to a waffle iron but makes Cake Pops and Donut Holes!  How awesome is that?!

It is easy to use, simple to clean, and makes perfect round balls of deliciousness in about 3 minutes!

That’s exactly what these are: Perfect Round Balls of Deliciousness!

Amazing!

Can you tell how much I LOVE my new Cake Pop Maker?!?  It is my new favorite kitchen gadget!  I love love love it!

Tomorrow I will be experimenting with making Cake Pops with my Cake Pop Maker, and Thursday I am so lucky to be able to give one of my lucky readers their own Cake Pop Maker!!  Seriously!!

So, I want to know, what is the first thing you would make if you won this Cake Pop maker??

I participate in the link parties found here.

Follow via | Email | Facebook | Pinterest | Google+ | Instagram Twitter | YouTube

This post appeared first on Simply Designing.  All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.

Comments

1. says

Wow! those little doughnuts turned out great! I just love your pictures. I&#39;d love for you to come by and show off your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a blessed day :)<br />Katie

2. says

Wow, the idea of making cake pops that I didn&#39;t face to mold sounds wonderful. I am a goal chocoholic so I would be making chocolate cake balls. With July soon upon us I would decorate them with red, white and blue.

3. says

OMG they look so good, I would love to have a go at making some and also the cake pops, I have seen so many different cake pops online but I am scared to have a go!

4. says

O.M.G. Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my keyboard! Those look amazing, but even more amazing: I had no idea there was a cake pop maker- wow! Looks like it saves a LOT of time and effort. Thanks for the post :-)

5. says

These look GREAT I love donuts. I haven&#39;t been a fan of the cake ball craze because I don&#39;t like the way they taste mixed with all the frosting. But these look terrific! I wish I would be contacted to try the cake ball maker out. What a great idea. It reminds me of a Japanese treat we used to have in Japan. Fun memories. ANYWAY, thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday&#39;s!

6. says

These look delicious! I know I am a litte late on this but just found your blog and love it. I was super excited to see that there is a cake pop maker…(how did I miss this?) I love the look of cake pops but making them with crumpling cake and mixing it with frosting just makes me nauseous. I love the idea of being able to have actual baked cake inside! Super excited and will have to add this

7. says

which recipe did you use? the link takes me to the site with tons of recipes. really wanna make these this weekend cause i just got a cake pop maker and havent used it yet :)

8. says

I was very skeptical about this machine. I was just going to buy the two piece pan set, I thought it would make more at once saving me time. I am hosting a baby shower for my sister-in-law, I mentioned to my mother-in-law I was thinking about cake pops, that night she ran online and ordered herself a machine. She gave it to me to use, but I honestly didn&#39;t even plan on using it, the co-host

9. Susan says

I aall ways wanted one, and with being out of a job I just never got one, but I just want to a yard sale and got one for $5.00. My granddaughter and I made cake pops the other day, Just didn’t have enough holes to put them in for i found a box and put holds in to hold them up. Every one loved them, Now i want to make donuts, These really look great, Where did you get your recipe for them and the glaze recipe? thanks