Thankfully, we are not moving any time soon. However, in the first 9 years of our marriage I believe we lived in 9 different places. Yup. That averages one move a year. Holy cow. I do NOT recommend that at all!
But it is inevitable that at some point most of us will move. If you are lucky you will have a moving company but for the first 9 moves of our marriage, we didn't. And packing, moving and unpacking is a ton of work.
So here are a few tips on how to make a move easier, less stressful and perhaps even a little fun:
- Start Early - as soon as you know you are moving, begin packing things that you know will be unnecessary between now and then. Then every day pack another box or two. It's amazing how many things we don't need to use every day.
- Music to Groove By - music makes almost any situation better and singing / dancing to it can be a great way to relieve stress. Make a packing playlist to help the packing feel less monotonous.
- Go for Paper - at least a week before the move, pack your dishes and most of your kitchen up. Eat on paper plates and use paper cups. Not the best option for the environment, but a great option for your sanity.
- Throw is Away or Keep It - over the course of our lives we acquire many belongings and many of them have sentimental value. When moving from one home to another, especially if the new home is somewhat smaller or if it is designed differently, our valuable items may not find a place there. If you have items that you want to keep, but can't find a home, you can check out USstoragesearch.com Blog and www.usstoragesearch.com for tips and tricks.
- Pack It Up - pack the belongings that you know you can't live without in suitcases, as if you were just going on vacation. Then pack everything else into boxes.
Thanks to TextLinkAds for sponsoring this post.
I participate in the link parties found here.