2012 was a busy year around Simply Designing! I wanted to start of 2013 by doing a quick Recap of my blog. This is not a "best of" post (that will come tomorrow :) but more of a Holiday Newsletter for the year for my blog! A few things I've learned, a few great things that have happened, a few sad things. So here it is, my 2012 Year-End ReCap!
- I hit 1 million page views this year!
- And then 2 million page views!!
- I've continued to LOVE being a regular on Indy's Fox59! (see my videos here)
- I even got my own "page" on the Fox59 website! (check it out here)
- I've done a few articles for SheKnows and have really enjoyed working with them!
- I continue to blog monthly at Design Dazzle.
- I discovered that it is possible to make a little money from blogging. What!?!?
- Most bloggers, sponsors and affiliates are amazing, wonderful people.
- But there are a few dishonest ones out there too :(
- And a few that are just plain mean :( :( (I was in tears for days over this one)
- But there are a bunch of bloggers and readers that I absolutely love and consider dear friends and I never would have met them any other way!
- And the number of awesome bloggers and amazing companies FAR outweigh the not-so-nice ones. :)
- I joined Google+ and even hosted a couple of live hangouts on air! (follow me on G+ here)
- I discovered that I own 4 glue guns. But I am still eyeing a pretty damask one from Michaels...obsession maybe!?
- Facebook continues to frustrate me since due to their policies, only about 10% of my followers see my posts :( (but I'd still love you to follow me here!)
- Pinterest has increased my page-views dramatically, especially of particular posts that I never would have dreamed to go viral! (follow me on Pinterest here)
And most of all, I truly cherish each and every bloggy friend and reader I have because I know how precious your time is and I am honored that you choose to spend it with me! Thank you so much for a wonderful 2012! I am so excited for another fabulous year here at Simply Designing!
And I would just love for you to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pintrest and via email.
Happy New Year!
I participate in the link parties found here.