I must be loving Snowmen this year!
I think I love snowmen because they work at any time during the winter. I think snowmen are perfectly acceptable for all of December and January…perhaps longer!
I made this super cute Snowman Cupcakes and couldn’t help but share them with you. Aren’t they super cute!?
To make these you will need:
White cake mix (you can use another kind but I like how this keeps everything white…like snow
White frosting (I just used it out of a can. What can I say, I love homemade frosting, but this is so simple and easy and we all know I am a fan of making things as easy as possible. Plus, I am a sucker for frosting from a can…it is yummy!)
White sugar sprinkles (I used a Wilton brand)
Large round sprinkles (Again, a Wilton brand, I used the pink ones for the cheeks)
Gumdrops in assorted colors
Twizzlers in assorted colors
Chocolate chips or brown M&M’s.
Brown gel icing in the small tube
- Bake the cupcakes (I used red foil liners) and let them cool.
- Frost and immediately cover with white sprinkles. Hint: if you do this over a plate you can re-use the sprinkles!
- Using extra frosting, attach an orange gumdrop for the nose, pink round sprinkles for the cheeks and two chocolate chips or M&M’s for eyes.
- Draw a mouth with the brown gel icing.
- Take a colored Twizzler and push it down into the cupcake on both sides as far as it will go. Use a toothpick to help hold the Twizzler in place in the back.
- Using extra frosting, attach matching gumdrops for the earmuffs!
Enjoy eating the Wintery Sugary Goodness!
*This idea was inspired by the cover of a magazine I saw years ago. I don’t remember and I can’t find the original source but I modified them to be my own snowman creation.