Is it really any secret that I love Topiaries!? I have made a lot of topiaries over the last couple of years...and a even have a couple more up my sleeves to share with you! But today I wanted to share a bright, fun and SIMPLE Topiary that you can make with Lemon Heads!!
Being inspired by my Jelly Bean Topiaries, I went on a hunt for fun, bright candies that I could turn into another fun Topiary and when I found Lemon Heads, I knew we were meant to be!
In my typical Topiary Fashion...You Will Need:
- Styrofoam ball (I used 4")
- Lemon Heads (I used 4-5 packs)
- Yellow craft paint, foam brush
- Hot glue and lots of glue sticks
- Wooden Dowel
- Extra Styrofoam to container
- Pail or some sort of container (I usually find my pails from the $1 section at Target)
- Shredded paper (or other filling for bottom) (I usually get mine from the $1 Store)
Here's the How To:
- Paint foam ball with yellow craft paint (it doesn't need to be perfect, just get some color on there)
- Using plenty of hot glue, attach lemon heads, one at a time, close together, all over the foam ball.
- Leave an open spot at the bottom big enough for your wooden dowel.
- Using lots of hot glue, insert your wooden dowel into the bottom of the Styrofoam ball.
- Firmly press extra Styrofoam into pail or container, use hot glue to secure it in place.
- Insert other end of wooded dowel into Styrofoam in container and secure with hot glue.
- Cover foam with shredded paper or other filling.
Happy Topiary Making!
I participate in the link parties found here.
Subscribe to Simply Designing by Email
Cute! I wanted to do an actual edible version with lolly pops!<br /><br />Great for parties! <br /><br />I would love it if you could stop by my blog and check out my party tutorials!<br /><br />welivedhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com<br /><br />
Gorgeous!!<br /><br /><br />Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!<br />Hope you have a fabulous week!<br />Jill @ Creating my way to Success <br /><a href="http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/ </a><br />
This is really pretty...love anything lemony. Gail (BibleLoveNotes.com)
Daisy Pink Cupcake
Now this looks cool!! <br />Daisy
Oh my goodness! I so love ALL your topiary creations! This one is so bright and beautiful. <br /><br />Thanks for sharing on Teagan's Travels' Destination: Inspiration link up!<br /><br />Blessings, Michelle<br />This is so true! So often we can fall into a Sunday morning routine, expecting our spiritual nourishment to be filled in a few hours by the church feeding it to us. Seek and ye