I love Cadbury Cream Eggs. Well, I used to love them. Now I can maybe eat one a year. They are very rich and sweet, but I still secretly like them a little bit! So I decided this year to create my own version of a filled chocolate egg, that wasn't so overly sweet. This version is light, sweet, delectable and the perfect dessert for Easter dinner! And they are so beautiful to look at, it is quite the statement dessert! These mousse filled chocolate eggs are sure to wow any crowd! And the best news is is that you can prep these well in advance so Easter dinner and dessert won't be quite as overwhelming! Today I am showing you how I created my really tasty: Mousse Filled Chocolate Eggs!
These fit perfectly into an egg holder and are a tasty way to end any spring meal!
And the view from the top is stunning as well! Yum!
Mousse Filled Chocolate Eggs
Ingredients and Supplies:
(may contain affiliate links)
- Egg Shaped Chocolate Mold
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla Mousse Mixture + milk to create mousse
- Icing Bag
- Large Flower Icing Tip, Wilton 2D
- Egg Holders (optional)
- Prepare mousse mixture according to package directions and let set completely.
- Melt about 1 cup chocolate chips and a tiny drop of vegetable oil in a microwave safe dish at 40% power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until it is melted. (See more details on How to Melt Chocolate HERE)
- Drop a spoonful of chocolate into each egg shaped mold reservoir and spread the chocolate so that it covers all surfaces evenly.
- Place chocolate mold into fridge or freezer to help the chocolate set.
- Once the chocolate is set, carefully turn the mold over and gently push the chocolate eggs out of the mold.
- Place two egg halves together and use a knife to spread melted chocolate around the edges of the eggs to seal them together. Hold in place until dry.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the top of the egg off.
- Place each chocolate egg into an egg holder or into an egg carton.
- Stir prepared mousse mixture and place in an icing bag with icing tip.
- Carefully fill each chocolate egg with mousse!
They are so beautiful, sweet but not overly sweet and the perfect ending to an Easter or Spring meal!