Rice Crispy Treats. Yum! Can you really ever go wrong making Rice Crispy Treats?
So I found this new rice crispy treat recipe that I had never seen before so I wanted to try it out. I know, you are thinking, a new recipe? No such thing! Well this recipe has an extra ingredient added in that makes normal rice crispy treats a little extra special, and even harder to resist eating the whole pan!
And of course, I couldn’t resist making them festive! So I added in green food coloring and cut them into shamrock shapes using a shamrock cookie cutter. Didn’t they turn out so cute?
Rice Crispy Treats
- ¼ cup butter (½ stick)
- 10-11 oz mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I know! Vanilla! I have never put vanilla in my rice crispy treats but oh! They are oh so yummy with the vanilla added!)
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- Spray 9"x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large pan over low heat. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and any food coloring you want to use.
- Add rice cereal. Mix well.
- Press into pan evenly.
- Let cool.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut into cute shamrock shapes (optional but don't they look so cute!)
- Try not to eat them all in one sitting!