Are you looking for a yummy appetizer for a Super Bowl Party? (or any party?) Well, Bacon Crisps are pretty amazing!
I am not even a huge fan of bacon, and I liked these! My husband ate a ton of them too!
These make a lot, so be sure you have a big crowd coming if you plan to make these.
- 2 sleeves Town House Original Crackers
- approx 4 oz fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 lb uncooked Bacon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Cut each piece of bacon into 4 equal pieces.
- Place approximately 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese in the middle of each cracker.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each cracker, stretching so that the ends meet underneath the cracker.
- Place each cracker on a metal baking/cooling rack and place the baking rack on a cookie sheet. (You want your crackers up on a baking rack so that as the bacon fat renders, it will drip off. If you place your crackers directly on the cookie sheet, the crackers will soak up all the fat.)
- Bake for approximately 2 hours on 250 degrees. (Baking at a lower temperature for a longer time renders more fat out of the bacon.)
Enjoy these warm!
(recipe modified from a Paula Dean recipe)
What's your favorite appetizer to serve at a gathering?