Sorry for the lack of crafty posts recently...life has gotten the best of me recently and I still have a bit of a lingering cold...
Anyway, I wanted to share this I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E. blueberry muffin recipe with you! My hubby loves blueberry muffins and I happened to find this recipe the night before his birthday! Amazingly, I had all the ingredients so I got up early and started baking! He was one happy birthday boy!
I found this recipe here, at the idea room and boy is it yummy! Here is the recipe for you to enjoy!
Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups sour cream
- 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease your muffin tin or use liners.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.
3. Whisk egg in a seperate bowl until mixed and light-colored, approximately 20 seconds.
4. Add sugar and whisk until thick, about 30 seconds.
5. Add melted butter slowly, mixing after each addition.
6. Add half of the sour cream and whisk. Then add the remaining portion and whisk.
7. Add frozen berries to dry ingredients and gently toss together.
8. Add sour cream mixture to the dry mixture and gently fold together with a rubber spatula. Carefull not to overmix.
9. Place batter in muffin tins.
10. Bake on the middle rack about 25 minutes, rotating the pan about halfway through baking time, until an insert toothpick comes out clean.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Melt 4 tablespoons butter.
After muffins have cooled about 5 minutes, dip the top of each muffin into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Find someone special to share these with. They are truly yummy!!
Be sure to stop by tomorrow! I am having a new GIVEAWAY!
I participate in the link parties found here.