Are you looking for an easy appetizer or party food for your next holiday party you are hosting or attending? Well look no further! I give you, the CANDY CANE PIZZA.
No. It is not a pizza made from candy canes.
I hope you aren't disappointed. Please keep reading anyway. 🙂
This is a pizza that is simply in the shape of a candy cane. But it is quite pretty and yummy too!
And the best part is that is is so super simple! Especially if you use refrigerated dough like I did!
You will need:
- Refrigerated dough (I used crescent dough but anything similar would work. Or if you are feeling extra adventurous, you can use your own homemade dough!) But you know how I like to keep things simple around here. So I used pre-made refrigerated dough!
- Pizza Sauce
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- Lay the dough flat on a greased cookie sheet and pinch any parts together that are separated.
- Cut slits up both sides of the dough as shown in the photo.
- Put your cheese, pizza sauce and all other pizza toppings you choose in the middle. Just be careful not to overfill this! You don't need very much filling!
- Then I folded the ends in and "braided" the sides up by pulling one sides' slit over at a time, alternating sides.
- Then carefully shape this into a candy cane (or other shape of your choice.) But be careful as you don't want the dough to break.
- Cook according to the dough directions until done!
- Enjoy with some extra pizza sauce!
I participate in the link parties found here.
A To Zebra Celebrations
Oh how fun!!! My girls will love it!! 🙂
My Garden of Eden
YUMMO!!!! That looks easy and fun! You are so great like that!