*Enter to win a babycakes Cupcake Maker here*
I love crafts that keep on giving! Making playdough is definitely a gift that keeps on giving! Not only is it fun to make, but your kids will also have fun playing with this!
This also make s great gift for your kids to make and give to their friends!
Candy Cane Playdough:
- 5 cups water
- 5 cups flour
- 2 ½ cups salt
- 3 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract or essential oil (optional)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Mix water, salt, cream of tartar, extract, food coloring and glitter in a pan on low heat over the stove.
- Stir frequently.
- Add oil.
- Add flour.
- Cook on low-medium heat until playdough sticks together and pulls away from pan.
- Place on wax paper or foil on the counter.
- Let it cool for a little bit and then knead.
I made one batch of reddish pink and one batch of white.
Divide each batch into equal portions (I made 12).
Roll into long ropes and twist one white and one red rope together.
Please in a canning jar or a ziploc bag!