I have just a couple more Valentine's Day crafts to show you this week, but the last two are really applicable for so many times during the year! These could easily be adapted for a different holiday or for general decor in your home! So even though these look a little "pink" remember that you can totally modify these to make these fit for any time of year! First up, my DIY LOVE SIGN!
This sign was so super simple to make and literally took about 10 minutes to put together (plus dry time).
- chipboard love sign (I found mine at +Hobby Lobby)
- decorative scrapbook paper of your choice
- mod podge
- foam brush
- xacto knife
- sand paper (optional)
- Use mod podge like you would use glue, and a foam brush to adhere scrapbook paper to the front of your love chipboard sign. Use books or other heavy object to assist in weighing the sign down while this dries completely.
- With the sign upside down, use an xacto knife to trim off excess scrapbook paper around chipboard letters.
- Use sand paper to lightly sand edges of the scrapbook paper (optional).
- Finish with a final (light) coat of mod podge over top the front of the letters. Allow plenty of time to dry.
I love my pink chevron love sign and I love how simple this was to create! Wouldn't this be cute in a scrapbook paper that coordinates with your home decor as well!?
Now I want to go back to HL and see what other chipboard signs they sell to make a few more of these!
I would love for you to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pintrest and via email.
I participate in the link parties found here.
Leave a Reply