Around Christmas, a friend re-introductued me to heaven: Oreo balls.
I now want them, crave them, have-to-have them! It is a bad addiction but they are oh-so-yummy!
If you have never had these, you are really missing out. Really.
And, of course, they are so incredibly simple to make!!
You will need:
- 1 box of oreo cookies (get the real thing, fake oreos are just not the same)
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- Vegetable oil (optional)
- Sanding sugar / sprinkles (optional)
- In a food processor, crush the entire package of oreos until they are finely ground.
- Using a mixer (I used my stand mixer) mix ground oreos and the block of cream cheese.
- Form into balls and let cool in the freezer or outside for about 20 minutes. (Hint: I used a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon so that they would be equal in size. A batch makes about 90 1 teaspoon size balls! It makes a ton, which means this is a great treat to make and give away. If you can stand letting any of them out of your sight...I could probably eat an entire batch myself...I haven't, but I could. Just sayin'...)
- After they have cooled for a bit, put your white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl or mug. I like to add a smidge of vegetable oil to help keep the consistancy nice and smooth and keep the chocolate from drying out, but it is optional. Microwave on 50% power for about 15-30 seconds at a time, stiring frequently. It is easy to overcook the chocolate to be careful!
- Using a fork, dip each oreo ball into the white chocolate and tap off excess chocolate. Place on foil or wax paper.
- If you like, you can sprinkle sanding sugar or sprinkles on the oreo balls before the chocolate sets.
- Let the chocolate set and Enjoy!!
Yum. Yum. Super Yum.
I participate in the link parties found here.
Subscribe to Simply Designing by Email
OK Yummmmmmm!!! They look amazing!! Thanks for sharing.Anne
Those look very good! My sister also made some of those I think she used a yellow cake mix ....and those were tasty as well!! I'll have to try the oreo ones 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Amie @ Kitty Cats and Airplanes
Those look sooo yummy! I made some last week and I had a really hard time covering them in the chocolate. I even froze them ahead of time. Any helpful tricks to cover them nicely?
Wow, these look sooo good, thanks for the recipe!
[email protected] Walk
They look amazing!
You had me at "mix with cream cheese." The white chocolate was a bonus. YUM!
Jaime @ I'm a Mom not a Professional
my friend also introduced these to me...I don't know if I love her or hate her
I found you at Foodie Friday! I have been wanting this recipe! Can't wait to try it! Thanks!