I rarely make it to the mall. It's not that I don't like to shop, but going to the mall with two young kiddos is never a lot of fun. Well the other day I needed to go there and so my son and I took a little walk around the mall. We didn't go in many stores, we window shopped and low and behold, as I walked past Pottery Barn, I saw a really cute (very breakable) Easter Display! I didn't dare take my son into the store with all the breakable items, but I admired from afar. What I loved most was a cute burlap Happy Easter Banner that I knew would look great on my mantle!
The sad part is that Pottery Barn is sold out of these banners. And the other problem was that their banner was far too long for my mantle even if they did have them in stock 🙁
Thankfully I knew I could re-create a similar look for my own mantle!!
Here is what you will need:
- approx. ¼ yard burlap
- approx. ¼ yard other fabric (I chose a tan, flecked fabric that I think is a lining fabric)
- craft paint
- stenciling paint brush
- sewing machine with matching thread or hot glue gun
- Cut your fabric into triangles big enough for your stencil to fit on. Cut your burlap into triangles a bit larger then the other ones.
- Using your stencil, paint and your paint brush, stencil the letters onto your fabric. (Go sparingly with the paint so it doesn't bleed under the stencil.)
- Let dry (only takes about a minute if you are sparing with your paint)
- Place a letter triangle on top of a burlap triangle and if you are using hot glue, attach along the top.
- Take your letter and burlap triangles, fold the top over a long piece of jute and sew (or hot glue) together.
Place it on your mantle and enjoy!!
I used the Mega Stencil Set to stencil this project. These stencils can be found (I believe) in the kid craft area of many big box and craft stores. These stencils were perfect for this project and I love that they are reusable too!
Of course I want to show you a photo of PB's original banner...
If you like this, would you please take a moment to Pin It?
Thanks so much and Happy Easter!
I would love for you to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pintrest and via email.
I participate in the link parties found here.
great job! I love PB but so expensive! You rocked it!
Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.
That is darling! Pinning!
Adorbs!! Pinned for next year 🙂
So pretty, Ashley!