If you love the flavor of Caprese salad, you'll adore this simple Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken dinner!
When it comes to dinner, I like fast and easy... that's because I'm the Juggling Act Mama and have a million things going on all the time. I am always juggling my kids, marriage, work, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, and PTA and a million other little things. That's why I'm always on the lookout for easy weeknight meals like this Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken. The flavors are so yummy, and it takes practically no time to prep. Sheet pans meals are such a super easy way to get a great meal on the table fast without a ton of dishes and mess to clean up afterwards. There are two main reasons I love doing sheet pan meals:
✔ Simple Easy Ingredients
✔ Easy to Clean Up
✔ Totally Delicious Flavor
I despise doing dishes, so the one pan lined with parchment or foil makes me super happy. Plus, this recipe requires no chopping, slicing, dicing or other knife skills. It's so simple, you can prep the whole meal in less than 5 minutes!
Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken Shopping List:
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Salad Greens
From the Pantry:
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning Blend
- Salt and Pepper
Items You May Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
- Slotted Spatula
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Aluminum or Parchment Paper
You need a good sheet pan. I use the this Nordic Ware Rimmed Baking Sheet because it's durable and affordable. Line it with parchment or aluminum foil and you've barely got any clean up at all! For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
[amazon_link asins='B000G0KJG4,B0088LR592,B075TG8MHH,B000YDO2MK,B0019BL6ZC' template='ProductCarousel' store='jugactmam-20' marketplace='US' link_id='283b4f16-4655-11e8-82db-957a117bd6db']
Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken
You are going to love just how easy it is to make this easy sheet pan dinner! Be sure to read the instructions all the way through before you begin for the best results.
Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken
My sheet pan caprese chicken is the perfect chicken dinner for busy weeknights.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- fresh mozzarella, sliced
- fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salad Greens
- Preheat the oven to 400-degrees F.
- Line your rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil then add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and coat the pan.
- Sprinkle half of the Italian Seasoning blend onto the tray and then add the tomatoes. Roll them around to coat them in the seasoning.
- Add the chicken to the pan and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with remaining Italian Seasoning Blend.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tomatoes start to blister.
- Remove the tray from the oven and cover each piece of chicken with a slice of fresh mozzarella. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted. (Broil for 1-2 minutes if desired)
- Remove the chicken from the pan and serve it on a bed of salad greens. Sprinkle with chopped basil leaves.
Serving Size:1 breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 58g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
- Drizzle the chicken and tomatoes with balsamic vinegar before serving.
Our Best Sheet Pan Meals
Likewise, if you love this easy sheet pan dinner method, check out some of our other one pan recipes:
From left to right:
I hope you'll come visit me sometime for more great recipes, along with projects and family travel ideas!
Thanks so much to Ang for stopping by today to share her yummy recipe with us!
Check out these simple recipes too:
Healthy Quinoa and Vegetable Chicken Bowl
Leave a Reply