I must be loving Snowmen this year!
I think I love snowmen because they work at any time during the winter. I think snowmen are perfectly acceptable for all of December and January...perhaps longer!
I made this super cute Snowman Cupcakes and couldn't help but share them with you. Aren't they super cute!?
To make these you will need:
White cake mix (you can use another kind but I like how this keeps everything white...like snow 🙂
White frosting (I just used it out of a can. What can I say, I love homemade frosting, but this is so simple and easy and we all know I am a fan of making things as easy as possible. Plus, I am a sucker for frosting from a can...it is yummy!)
White sugar sprinkles (I used a Wilton brand)
Large round sprinkles (Again, a Wilton brand, I used the pink ones for the cheeks)
Gumdrops in assorted colors
Twizzlers in assorted colors
Chocolate chips or brown M&M's.
Brown gel icing in the small tube
- Bake the cupcakes (I used red foil liners) and let them cool.
- Frost and immediately cover with white sprinkles. Hint: if you do this over a plate you can re-use the sprinkles!
- Using extra frosting, attach an orange gumdrop for the nose, pink round sprinkles for the cheeks and two chocolate chips or M&M's for eyes.
- Draw a mouth with the brown gel icing.
- Take a colored Twizzler and push it down into the cupcake on both sides as far as it will go. Use a toothpick to help hold the Twizzler in place in the back.
- Using extra frosting, attach matching gumdrops for the earmuffs!
Enjoy eating the Wintery Sugary Goodness!
*This idea was inspired by the cover of a magazine I saw years ago. I don't remember and I can't find the original source but I modified them to be my own snowman creation.
I would love for you to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pintrest and via email.
I participate in the link parties found here.
Oh my goodness...you've outdone yourself on these. So cute!
Ohh, these are adorable!<br />http://www.amaskellantics.com/
I love these! Just adorable!
These are really cute- and it's great that they can work all winter long. I'd love for you to add them to my Christmas Cupcake and Muffin link party. It starts tomorrow. The blog is attached to my google profile.
Adorable! I'm doing my 1st Linky party & its all about Snowman!! I would love for you to join ;)<br />www.itsallinmyheadstefsblog.blogspot.com
Oh my! These are so cute! I can't wait to make these. Thanks for sharing.
they are so adorable love them I think I will make them for my sunday school class at church thanks for sharing
OMG! These are completely adorable! Thanks for sharing!<br />-Amanda
I'm coming from fingerprints on the fridge. These are just adorable! I saw them in a magazine and want to try them! You did a fabulous job with them!!<br />Oh, and I love your snowman family also!! <br />Thanks for sharing all your cute ideas!<br />Destiny