I am notoriously bad at eating breakfast. I rush in the morning to get everyone ready and out the door and then somehow it's 11am and I haven't eaten anything. At that point I typically decide to just wait until lunch time to eat but by then I am famished. Starving. And in no way capable of making good food decisions. Is anyone else like this!? But ever since I got my Vitamix and my children became absolutely addicted to smoothies, I have tried to be better at making something to eat for breakfast every day. So today I am going to share a delicious and fruity twist on my Strawberry Smoothie Recipe and share my Strawberry Pineapple and Banana Smoothie Recipe!
This smoothie was so easy to whip up and my kids loved it so much! They begged for more!
Strawberry Pineapple and Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 banana
- 1 cup cut pineapple
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients into a Vitamix blender (or other, but this makes the best smoothies ever!) in the order listed above.
- Start your blender on variable 1.
- Slowly increase the speed until you reach variable 8. Let it blend for about 1 minutes.
- Decrease the speed of your blender down to variable 1 and then turn your blender off.
- For an extra special treat, top with a touch of whipped cream! (I added a few sprinkles for my kids too!)
If you love smoothie recipes, you should also check out these recipes:
This smoothie I must try. Looks good and easy to make. Believe it or not, I have never had a smoothie so I might as well start off with this one.
Was wondering You think a person could use canned, chunk pineapple, well drained in place of the fresh pineapple? Hubby is not fond of pineapple and I can't eat a whole pineapple by myself
Tanks for sharing the recipe
Becky at Cooking with Vinyl
Yummy! Thanks for sharing this. Looks great.