(In case you missed my guest post...)
Look what I made! Fruity Pebbles Cupcakes!
Don't these look yummy?!?
They are super easy to make but look quite impressive! (And they taste yummy too!)
Fruity Pebble Cupcake Treats
- ½ stick butter
- 1 package mini-marshmallows (about 10.5 oz)
- 8 ½ cups fruity pebbles (about 13 oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 can vanilla / white frosting
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Directions for the "Cupcakes":
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish.
- Add marshmallows and continue microwaving until melted.
- Stir melted butter, melted marshmallows and vanilla (optional) together.
- Add the fruity pebbles cereal and mix until the cereal is evenly coated in the marshmallow mixture.
- Press the mixture into greased mini-muffin tins until firmly packed.
- When completely cooled, remove the fruity pebble cupcakes from the tins.
Directions for Icing:
- For the icing, I typically like to make my own icing. However, I really do like to keep things simple, and these were being made for a group of 3 year olds who really wouldn't have known the difference! So I used premade, store bought icing. Mine was a little "soft" to pipe, so I mixed a bit of powdered sugar into the icing to give it a stiffer consistancy.
- Add any food coloring you like to the icing (I preferWilton't gel food coloring as you can get vibrant colors without using an entire bottle of food coloring and without changing the consistancy of the icing.)
- Place any tip you like in a disposable piping bag, put the icing in the bag and ice the cupcakes!
So simple and they were a HUGE hit at my daughter's preschool class (even with the teachers!)
And they look really cute, don't you think?
I participate in the link parties found here.
This idea was also published in The Current
Very colorful & they look yummy!
How adorable!!! I posted about these on my blog http://www.RainngHotCoupons.com because there is a coupon deal to get the fruity pebbles for FREE and linked back to you. What a cute idea! Thank you. =)