Granola has always been one of my favorite cereals! It is delicious in the morning with milk and it is delicious on top of yogurt. My kids love granola too! But store-bought granola, especially the good stuff, can get really expensive. I never thought to make it myself until a good friend brought me over some as a gift! And then I became hooked! Ever since, I have made my own granola. It is simple to make and very cost effective plus it is oh-so-delicious!
Granola also makes unique and tasty gifts and you can customize this recipe to suite your own tastes if coconut doesn't peak your interest.
- 10 cups quick oats (store brand is ok)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix oats, salt, brown sugar and coconut in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, water and vanilla.
- Combine both mixtures. (with your hands works best) You can press granola together in you want larger chunks.
- Spread onto two cookies sheets.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 1.5-2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
I would love for you to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pintrest and via email.
I participate in the link parties found here.
Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co.
Love granola and coconut is one of my very favorite flavors - this sounds perfect!
Ya know, I never thought of making my own granola. You're right about how delicious it is but so costly. I can't wait to give this a try. Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Bruce and Victoria
I have to have t on my yogurt and fruit at night.