I found this idea for heart shaped Jell-O dessert in a magazine. Isn't it just too cute! It is awfully simple to make, but it is a bit time consuming. However, it was a big hit with my daughter so it was worth it!
• (3) 3-oz packages of red flavored gelatin
• (2) envelopes of unflavored gelatin
• (1) 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
To make this dessert, you will be making each layer, pouring it on the previous layer, and refrigerating it until set, so while it is easy to make, it needs to be done over the course of several hours.
To make the RED layers:
• Dissolve (1) package of the red flavored gelatin into ¾c boiling water
• Add ¾c cold water and mix well
To make the WHITE layers:
• In bowl #1
o Stir ½c boiling water with entire can of sweetened condensed milk
• In bowl #2
o Dissolve both envelopes of unflavored gelatin in ½c cold water for 1-2 minutes. Stir well.
o Add ¾c boiling water and mix well
• Combine bowl #1 with bowl #2 and mix well
• Let thoroughly cool
1. Mix 1 red layer as above
2. Pour into a 9x13 pan and set in refrigerator for approximately 1 hour
3. Mix the white layers as above
4. Carefully pour half of the white layer mixture on top of the set red layer. Pour the mixture very slowly and possibly over a spatula to keep the stream slow and gentle
5. Let set in refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes
6. Mix 1 red layer and pour on top of set white layer
7. Let set in refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes
8. Pour the rest of the white layer on top of the set red layer
9. Let set in refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes
10. Mix final red layer and pour on top of set white layer
11. Set in refrigerator until thoroughly set
12. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut gelatin into these very cute heart shapes!
This post has participated in the following fabulous link parties:
DIY Show Off
Life as Lori
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Tales from Bloggeritaville
The Shabby Chic Cottage
It’s So Very Cheri
The Girl Creative
Sumo’s Sweet Stuff
The Persimmon Perch
My Backyard Eden
Silly Little Sparrow
A Soft Place
Blue Cricket Design
Beyond the Picket Fence
My Frugal Family
Today’s Creative Blog
Skip to My Lou
Yum!! That looks delicious!
very fun and Yummy!
Yummy....<br /><br />Thanks again for joining get your craft on Thurs.<br />Lori
Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden
My kids would love this. Looks so festive.<br /><br />Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day!
Thanks for all your wonderful comments everyone! I love comments and I love hearing from all of you!
Sweetened condensed milk makes everything better, huh? Thanks for sharing.
Angie - [email protected]
How YUMMY! Thank you for sharing your awesome project at Thursday’s Treasures last week! Come share your crafty projects in this week’s Thursday’s Treasures too!<br />http://treasuresfortots.blogspot.com/2010/02/thursdays-treasures-week-10.html
yummy and cute! Thanks for linking this up to somedaycrafts.blogspot.com for Whatever Goes Wednesday!