We were so lucky to have my mom and dad in town visiting us last week! We don't get to see them very often so we absolutely cherish any time we get to spend with them! While they were here my mom and I, but mostly my mom, cooked and baked up a storm! Big thanks to my dad who was the official taste-tester and official finisher of said treats! And big thanks to my mom introduced me to her yummy Caramel Sauce!
Caramel Sauce is great on apples, perfect on vanilla ice cream and even delicious served over apple crisp!
And it may or may not also be yummy by the spoonful. But I plead the 5th on that! 😉
This is a thin sauce, not a super thick caramel, but if you cook it a bit longer it will get thicker.
Mom's Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into a heavy pan
- Heat over medium heat until it comes to a rolling boil
- Take off heat and let cool before serving