I found this recipe that I was dying to try the other day. Well I finally tried it and it was so super yummy!
It is a Bajio-inspired chicken (if you don't know what Bajio is it is a yummy fresh-mex restaurant!), and while it doesn't taste exactly like their chicken, I absolutely LOVE it.
It is a sweet chicken so the kids loved it, and it is in the crock pot, so it was easy to make of course.
The whole family (and the guests who we experimented with this recipe on) all liked it, so it is definitely staying in my recipe box!
Go HERE to see the full recipe and all the yummy details.
But the short version of the recipe is this:
4-5 chicken breasts½ c salsa (I used mild but you can spice it up with hotter salsa if you like)
1 T cumin
½ c brown sugar (packed)
(1) 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot
- Cook on low for most of the day (mine cooked for 6 hours)
- Remove chicken and shred
- Mix a couple spoon-fulls of corn starch with water and stir in crock pot to help the mixture thicken.
- Return shredded chicken to crock pot and mix
- Cook for approximately 1 more hour
- Serve with your favorite taco or taco salad fixings