I absolutely love body scrubs and this Salt Scrub with a delicious yet natural smell makes scrubbing and exfoliating so amazing and easy! Keep reading for all the details and to snag this recipe.
Affiliate links are included for your convenience. Thank you for supporting my blog.
What is a salt scrub?
A salt scrub is similar to a sugar scrub, however, it is made with salt instead of sugar. Salt tends to have a little more grit and be a little rougher so salt scrubs are best to use on areas of your body like the bottoms of feet, knees, or elbows. I would not recommend using salt scrubs on more sensitive like your face or neck.
What ingredients do I need to make body scrub with salt?
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Unscented Castile Soap
- Young Living's Stress Away & Lime Essential Oils
How do you make a body scrub?
To make this body scrub you will simply combine Salt, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Unscented Castile Soap, and Young Living's Stress Away & Lime Essential Oils. You will want to store this in an air-tight container.
How often to use a salt body scrub
Because of the nature of salt scrubs being rougher, I would start out using this recipe only once a week. And then if you find you need more exfoliation, you can add a second time during the week! How often you use this is really up to you, but I suggest starting out only using it once a week because it is quite gritty.
How to make salt body scrub
Making a salt body scrub is so simple. You will simply combine table salt, castile soap, coconut oil, and Stress Away and Lime essential oils together and mix until well combined. Store this in an airtight container.
How to make salt body scrub at home
I love making salt body scrubs at home! (I also love making sugar scrubs at home too!) They are so easy and incredibly cost-effective. You will simply mix all your ingredients together in a bowl until well combined and then store it in an air-tight container. For this body scrub recipe, I used table salt, castile soap, coconut oil, and Stress Away and Lime essential oils.
How to use salt body scrub
To use a body scrub you will simply take a little bit of the salt scrub into your hands and apply it onto a slightly wet spot. Then simply rub in a circular motion to exfoliate the skin. Wash off with warm water and apply moisturizer.
Where to use a salt scrub
Salt is rougher than sugar and so you need to be careful about where you use salt scrubs.
DO NOT USE HERE:
- Other sensitive or thin skin areas
- Anyplace that has had an adverse reaction to scrubs
DO USE HERE:
- Thicker skin and areas that are not sensitive
IF YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT ESSENTIAL OILS, HOW I USE THEM, WHY I USE THEM AND SEE EVEN MORE RECIPES, GO HERE.
Ready for this recipe? Ok. Let's go.
Salt Body Scrub
- 1 cup table Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Unscented Castile Soap
- 10 drops Stress Away Essential Oil
- 10 drops Lime Essential Oil
- Measure and put the salt into a bowl.
- Measure and pour coconut oil into the same bowl.
- Measure and pour castile soap into the bowl. (It will help so that your body won't feel as oily after using this scrub so I highly recommend it!)
- Add the Stress Away and Lime essential oils to the same bowl.
- Mix and stir until well combined.
- Store in an air-tight container.
You can snag the printable recipe below.
You might also enjoy these recipes: