I am so excited to be a part of the Red White and Blue Series over at Sugar Bee Crafts today!! Sugar Bee Crafts has long been a favorite blog of mine and she has an incredible Patriotic Series going on right now...you really should hop on over and check it out!!
Today, I am showing off a really fun and tasty treat: Patriotic Chocolate Bark! Using Red, White and Blue chocolate candy melts, you can create a festive treat for the 4th of July, Memorial Day or Patriot's Day (for my Boston friends 🙂 with just a few minutes of prep time!
You only need three ingredient: red, white and blue chocolate candy melts. And sprinkles are optional (but super cute of course!)
Chocolate, even candy melts, can be a little bit tricky to melt, so before you make this, I suggest you read my post on How To Melt Chocolate for Dipping.
I would omit the veggie oil if possible as it will make the chocolate a bit more soft, but still follow all of the other melting directions so that your chocolate turns out silky smooth and not over-cooked! (go here to check out the post)
Here's how to make this:
- Read my post on How to Melt Chocolate for Dipping
- Place a piece of wax paper or foil on a cookie sheet
- Melt Blue candy melts, pour and spread a thin coat onto the cookie sheet
- Place in fridge until set (or you can leave it out of the fridge but it will take quite a bit longer)
- Melt Red candy melts, pour and spread a thin coat on top of the already set blue chocolate candy layer
- Place in fridge until set
- Melt White candy melts, pour and spread a thin coat on top of the already set red chocolate candy layer
- Top immediately with sprinkles if desired
- Place in fridge until set
- Remove from fridge and using a knife or your hands, break apart into chocolate bark pieces
I hope you'll come join me over at Sugar Bee Crafts to check out the other amazing Red White and Blue ideas!
What a great idea! I never would have thought to use the candy melts for bark...I normally just use almond bark.
Oh thank you so much!! And thanks for stopping by!
super cute! The colors stayed so bright, which make these really festive :o) Mandy sure has a fun red, white blue week going! I went on Monday and am now trying to get around each day and say HI to the other projects :o) Emily @ <a href="http://www.nap-timecreations.com" rel="nofollow">Nap-Time Creations</a>
Oh thank you so much!! I loved how bright the colors were too! :)<br /><br />I know Mandy has a fabulous round up! I can't wait to go and check everything out too!! <br /><br />Thanks for stopping by!
This has hot to be the cutest dessert ever! I would be so proud to serve this to my friends!!
Oh thank you so much!! :)<br /><br />And thanks for stopping by!<br /><br />Have a lovely day!